Monday, November 9, 2009

Veterans Day


November 11th is Veterans Day so this card is to thank all of our soliders, past and present, who have defended this great and grateful country.  We had a very moving service in church yesterday for our veteran members, it was a Kleenex moment.  To make this I used SU Night of Navy and Whisper White paper, Courage Stamp Set and Service/Sacrifice Stamp Set, SU Classic Inks Basic Black and Real Red, Stampin' Pastels Real Red, Old Olive, So Saffron, Brilliant Blue, and Tempting Turquoise.  For the flag on the ribbon (which I hate to say this I bought at a local store because I was using it in another project and I wanted the red, white, and blue effect) I cut out and glued to back a piece of paper to slide over the ribbon then put a Stampin' Dimensional on it to secure in place.  As one of our veterans said yesterday, "Freedom is not free".  God Bless America and our soldiers.  Happy Stamping, Lynette                 

No comments:

Post a Comment