Saturday, April 10, 2010

Hummingbird with Watercolors-Stampin' 411 #146 & Stampin' 411 Color #118


I am not to pleased with this card.  It is working for 2 challenges: the sketch is Stampin' 411 & the color scheme Stampin' 411 Color Inspiration.  These are colors that I am not really fond of and  never used before, especially not together, so this challenge made me challenge myself as well.   Using More Mustard as the base (I also used my new Big Shot-practice run), 2nd and 4th layers are Creamy Carmel was punched with the Scallop Trim Border, 3rd layer is Garden Green, and 5th is Ruby Red.  Using SU's Spring Song Stamp Set then coloring in with SU's Watercolor Pencils that I just received and then going over the stamped image with a small wet artist brush, let dry and then assemble.  The ribbon is SU's Whisper White Taffeta.  I hope this looks better to you then to me.   Happy Stampin' until we stamp again, Lynette                   

6 comments:

  1. I just got this stamp set from SAB and haven't played with it yet - thanks for inspiring me to get it out! :) Thanks for playing with the 411 this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks as if you've spent hours painting! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that hummingbird!! I haven't give it a try yet, but I might have to break it out soon!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty!! Thanks for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you turned the sketch! Thanks for playing along with the sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete