Thursday, July 8, 2010

Because I Care Hydrangea

I loved this card.  The colors where for Stampin' 411 (So Saffron, Old Olive, and Certainly Celery) couple of weeks ago and this was the sample card.  Start with the base layer So Saffron cardstock.  Certainly Celery layer is stamped all over with the hydrangea image from the Level 1 Hostess Set in SU's new 2010/2011 Idea book-which you can earn-called "Because I Care" using Versamark ink (first time I have used Versamark).  Sprinkle Clear Embossing Powder (again a first time use), shake off the excess and heat until melted.  Sponge the edges with Certainly Celery Ink.  Focal image uses the same hydrangea inked with Old Olive (be sure to clean the Versamark off ) and stamped onto Certainly Celery cardstock.  Using a cotton swab and Old Olive ink add some touches of color around edges.  Then mat twice with Basic Black and Old Olive cardstocks.  On the bottom added 3/4" strip of Old Olive cardstock, stamped the border image along bottom edge, also from "Because I Care" stamp set, using SU's Whisper White Craft ink, added a thin strip of black ribbon which I had to give it a more vintage look.  The sentiment to is from the "Because I Care" stamp set inked with Basic Black ink and stamped on So Saffron cardstock.  Punched with the Large Oval punch and sponged edges with So Saffron ink.  Then tied black bow in corner.  I hope you enjoy! Happy Stampin' until we stamp again, Lynette 
All products are Stampin' Up! unless noted.                
      

1 comment:

  1. This is a very pretty card! I absolutely love this set! I think it's time for me to ink it! Also, wanted to say thank you for the comment and yes, unfortunately it is around 110 degrees at this point but that's ok! It keeps me inside where I can stay cool and enjoy some stamping time! = )

    ReplyDelete