Thursday, January 28, 2010

Color Create #87


I loved the soft colors for this challenge, Soft pinks, soft blues, white, & silver.  On SU's Whisper White I used the melted crayon effect using a pale pink & blue.  Then using the Butterfly Punch on Pretty in Pink (ran it through paper crimper & attached a white button in the middle ) & Bashful Blue.  I did not have anything silver so I did what the Marines do, "Adapt & Overcome", I used aluminum foil on the edge of the card for effect.  Stamping Flight of the Butterfly in Pixie Pink on the Bashful Blue.  The ribbon believe it or not, my Shih Tzu's groomer had used in his hair & I didn't like it (looked to girly); but, it actually has the blues & pinks in it.
Recipe (all are SU products unless noted):
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Pretty in Pink
Classic Ink: Pixie Pink
Stamp Set: Flight of the Butterfly
Accessories: Butterfly Punch, Ribbon, Aluminum Foil, & Crayola Crayons
Until we stamp again, Happy Stampin', Lynette

            

3 comments:

  1. Lynette, I really love how you did the melted crayon effect. That looks like a fun technique. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty cards Lynette.

    Thank you for joining us at Colour Create this week.

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Lynette. The butterflies really suit the challenge colours. Such a pretty card.
    Thanks for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete